When you are grateful. Fear disappears and abundance appears. ~Anthony Robbins
I have been inspired by list posts and recently took a second look at my 35 Randoms Thoughts on the eve of my 35th birthday and the 7 Things You Should Do in 2017 and my oh my have I enlightened my own self.
I am in such a different space in my life from the restart of my blog (March 2016) as I pursue my writing and grabbing opportunities to express myself (Pursue Your Dream Career). I love lists….I write everything down and look back at the things I affirm in myself and feel a sense of pride when things come to fruition.
Right now there are so many thoughts in my head about what I’m trying to do and where I’m trying to go and I know that the next few years are going to push me closer to my purpose. In the meantime I’ll just focus right here at Tilyarealeyes.com and put things into the atmosphere and watch them come full circle.
So here’s to the 10 Things I’m Proud Of…
10. I began my college journey at the University of Florida the glorious summer of 2000. My #1 school of choice and I had a blast…my very first Blue & White weekend, being introduced to Zeta Phi Beta Sorority, Inc. by way of the fabulous Mu Epsilon Chapter…endless memories…oh what a time I had.
9. Due to the fun I had at UF, I subsequently enlisted into the United States Air Force and spent six wonderful years on active duty. I met some amazing people…but I also walked away with 2 associate degrees and my bachelors when I separated in 2007…Honorable Discharge…Veteran Status
8. I have given birth to the most amazing little boys on the side of heaven. I’m supposed to be proud as their mother…that damn Lil Phil (3.4.04) waited 20 hours to make his appearance into this world…after contracting, I stalled at 5 centimeters so a c-section it became and he’s still stubborn to this day.. #Big Then came the baby, my Preston (2.9.06) my little genius and scheduled c-section. He melts my heart…so innocent…so sweet…so caring… #Little
7. My trials and tribulations in life remind me that everyone struggles at times and it is a part of life but it’s ultimately about how you handle things. I have no choice but to be resilient…I have children to take care of. I am defined by my experiences and that is what completes me.
Taking a deeper look though, my first name has 7 letters in it…L.A.T.I.L.Y.A.
My journey makes me aware of who I am…7…the number of completion!
6. I have been in the traditional classroom for 9 years and I love it! It’s not easy each day or each year. In time middle school will be my foundation as I move up to the next level.
5. Five years ago…April 2012 I closed on my first home…ALL by MYSELF at the age of 30. God is so Good! These past 5 months have shook me up…my marriage ended…a financial setback…but I’m home! The devil got busy, but I’m grounded in what’s mine and I give it all to God.
4. I have survived what might drive others crazy. I am not ashamed of my second divorce, nope not one bit. Marriage 1 changed me, matured me, and birthed me my 2 delicious babies. Marriage 2 taught me what I deserve and I don’t deserve to be cheated on, lied to, disrespected, or unappreciated. It was not all bad but the truth of the matter it was a struggle. I have my dignity and I learned my lesson. I’m not sure if 3 times is the charm… Who Knows…But You Already Knew That…I Want The Magic.
3. Writing my book, My Fourth Year in Middle School will always be a proud moment. Personal, honest and something I always wanted to do. So stay tuned for my next body of work. Because I’m super critical of myself, when The Journey to Here is complete it will be because I’m ready for you to see it. Being a creative is not easy…I’m passionate about MY words and how I intricately weave them together.
2. My education! I’m modest about it, but having someone speak life in me and say, “You should introduce yourself as Dr. Williams”, it is a constant reminder of my accomplishments. Surround yourself with people that SPEAK LIFE into your existence, your being, your soul, your day…those are the kind of people to have on your team. Community College of the Air Force…Thomas Edison State College (now University)…Bellevue University…Nova Southeastern University…Since 2000 I pursued my education and ultimately became Dr. LaTilya Williams. No easy feat…but yes I did it.
1. My spirituality! I luh God! He is the author of my life. Without him I would not be able to stand strong. I am where I am in life because of him and I embrace all of my blessings. My life is changing for the Good…the Great…the Better.